Happy New Year everyone!
Although I own a Kindle, I reckon less than a fifth of the books I read in 2015 were on my e-reader. I just prefer a ‘real’ book, and although I do enjoy reading on the Kindle when I do, I always seem to go straight back to the good old-fashioned paper versions.
However, this preference doesn’t seem to stop me downloading e-books, and over the past year I’ve accumulated a load of books on my Kindle that are languishing unread. So this month I’m determined to make a dent in my e-book backlog by NOT picking up any paperbacks or hardbacks for the whole month.
I’m aiming to read 8-10 e-books over the course of the month, and amongst the downloads I have sitting waiting to be read are:
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- Someone Out There by Catherine Hunt (I have to read this as it’s my January book club choice!)
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Book of You by Claire Kendal
- Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Black Jack by Rani Manicka
- The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
- Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
…. and about 100 others!
Of course I’ll be reviewing the books as I go, and maybe this challenge will encourage me to pick up my Kindle more in 2016.