Thank you very much to Daydreaming Books for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Link back to the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions given by the nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
Here are the questions I have been asked by Daydreaming Books…
1. How long have you been a reader?
For as long as I can remember! I have always loved books and am lucky enough to come from a family of avid readers, which I am sure has had a good influence on me.
2. Suppose you have a wide list of choice, how are you gonna pick which book to read?
Sometimes I get my 6-year-old daughter to choose for me! She loves doing this and it takes the pressure off me so everyone’s happy.
3. Any recent favourite adorkable character?
I don’t really read any books that would fall into this genre so I’ll have to pass on this one!
4. Where do you like to buy books?
I love trawling through secondhand book shops or charity shops to find bargains – I love finding a book from my wishlist for cheap! Last week I picked up Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O’Farrell – I read this last year and loved it, but I had a library copy. So it was great to find a nearly-new copy that I could keep … and best of all, it was just 10p.
5. What is your worst bookish habit?
Buying/borrowing/downloading too many books at once! The amount of books I have to read at the moment is quite overwhelming.
6. Do you wait for the paperback or grab the hardcover?
I hate hardcovers. I read a lot on the bus and tube and like my books to be light and easy to manage!
7. What’s your hobby beside reading?
I really enjoy crafts, particularly making my own jewellery.
8. Do you watch any tv shows? If yes, what are your favourite shows?
I must admit I am not a big TV watcher. But I do watch reruns of old sitcoms like Everybody Loves Raymond and my guilty pleasure is the trashy reality show Dinner Date.
9. What gift did you get on your last birthday?
It was my birthday last week! I got some lovely jewellery and a very pretty purse from my sister. I also got some cash which is always welcome!
10. Which flavour do you love the most?
11. What are you passionate about?
Well obviously books! But I am also passionate about children being encouraged to read from a young age and I think all parents should find the time to read with their children and encourage them to learn to read.
My 11 nominees are:
My 11 questions are:
1. There is no reading allowed for a week. What do you do in your spare time?
2. What book are you reading at the moment?
3. Have you read a book lately that lots of people liked but you didn’t?
4. Do you have a favourite old or classic novel?
5. Do you ever read non-fiction?
6. Did you have a favourite book as a child?
7. If you could be transported anywhere, right now, with your favourite book, where would you go and what book would you take?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. Where did you go for your last meal out, and what did you eat?
10. Tell me a secret about yourself…
11. What are you going to do after you finish answering these questions?